LONG ISLAND YOGA SCHOOL – Prana Shakti Flow Yoga Teacher Training Certification Program
Long Island Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) through Yoga Alliance and is coming up on it’s 10th year offering 200 & 300-hour Yoga Certification Training Programs as well as Continuing Education and Mentorship Programs for certified teachers. This program exceeds the minimum requirements set by Yoga Alliance to be a RYS (registered yoga school) – Offering trainings in Rocky Point – Suffolk County, Douglaston -Queens and Great Neck – Nassau County.
As more and more studios open, there are great opportunities for growth, but along with many studios means condensing class types. There has never been more of a need for teachers who are qualified to teach to a wide variety of levels in the same room. This is what you will learn through LIYS. We specialize in teaching the ‘True Open Level Flow™’. The techniques offered here were developed over a 10 year period and has been perfected and simplified to offer you an easy to follow format that includes how to cue, sequence and theme specifically for this type of class.
Trainings Offered in Great Neck-Nassau County, Rocky Point & Farmingville – Suffolk County, and Douglaston, Queens – CONTACT ME for additional info about what makes this training a unique experience!
GENTLE STRENGTH YOGA located in Rocky Point in Suffolk County is an affiliated yoga studio of Long Island Yoga School.
YOGA JOURNEY located in Queens is also an affiliated yoga studio of Long Island Yoga School.
Both of these studios are owned by Long Island Yoga School graduates. You will find many teachers on the schedule who are also graduates of the Prana Shakti Flow Certification Program.
200 HOUR SCHEDULE
September 15th – December 16th 2018 – Yoga Journey in Douglaston, Queens.
January 2019 – Gentle Strength Yoga in Rocky Point, Suffolk County.
We offer both our 200 and 300 hour program as a One on One Private Mentorship – A completely customized program that can begin ANYTIME!
In addition, we have a Jump Start Option so you can get a head start on requirements BEFORE program start date.
Go to www.LongIslandYogaSchool.com for more info about all the teacher training program options.
Long Island Yoga School is a Registered Yoga School (RYS) through Yoga Alliance and is coming up on it’s 10th year offering 200 & 300-hour Yoga Certification Training Programs as well as Continuing Education and Mentorship Programs for certified teachers – Offering trainings in Great Neck – Nassau County, Rocky Point – Suffolk County and Douglaston -Queens.
As more and more studios open, there are great opportunities for growth, but along with many studios means condensing class types. There has never been more of a need for teachers who are qualified to teach to a wide variety of levels in the same room. This is what you will learn through LIYS. We specialize in teaching the ‘True Open Level Flow™’. The techniques offered here was developed over a 10 year period and has been perfected and simplified to offer you an easy to follow format that includes how to cue, sequence and theme specifically for this type of class.
What makes us different?
- Solid Working Foundation – We offer you clear guidelines for sequencing and cueing with an easy to follow format that gives new teachers the ability to write and memorize their sequences quickly with the ability to teach an energetically balanced, fun and educational class.
- We teach our trainees to ‘teach’ not just call out poses.
- Quality Well-Organized Program – We provide you with a solid foundation to build upon. Some trainings offer quite a bit of variety of yoga styles and subjects that can not be covered properly in a 200 hour training. Rather than confusion, we offer you workable knowledge and show you how to utilize it in class themes, meditation classes and workshops.
- Rise Above The Competition! – Our graduates go on to work in successful studios all through-out Nassau, Suffolk county and Queens as well as open their own studios. In addition, during auditions for potential jobs, graduates from Long Island Yoga School beat out the competition every time. If you would be interested in speaking with a past graduate please contact us to hear how different and beneficial this training is.
- Coaching – As a new teacher, it is a scary concept to get up in front of a room full of people. The key to doing this successfully is to teach with conviction and hold command of the room. We will offer you proven techniques to not only appear but also feel confident, leading to your students having complete confidence in you as you lead them through a safe, educational and enlightening experience.
- Easy to follow format – You will leave this training with a written format and understanding of how to cue, sequence and theme specifically for a ‘True Open Level Flow’.
Some highlights offered in the Prana Shakti Flow Certification Program:
- Easy to follow formats for Sequencing, Cueing, Assisting and teaching a True Open Level Flow
- Principles not Postures lecture series which results in a much clearer understanding of cueing and assisting while giving you a very easy way to remember it all.
- Coaching on vocal intonation, body language and techniques to not only appear confident but feel it too!
- Leading an all levels meditation class that gives everyone what they need no matter if they are brand new or a seasoned practitioner.
Our 500 hour program is offered as a mentorship for a limited amount of students. We work individually and in small groups allowing for more individual time working with you on YOUR specific goals. While there are mandatory lectures and mentor groups that must be included, there is great emphasis on guiding you and helping you discover your authentic teaching style and vision. Click HERE to see what we offer.
Contact Us for a one on one consultation.
Available in Rocky Point, Farmingville, Great Neck, Long Island and Douglaston, Queens.
About my teaching style:
I love to teach – Whether it is students who are looking to deepen their practice or students looking to become yoga teachers. There is nothing I would rather do.
In my group classes the most important thing to me is safety. The sequences build gradually from easier to harder postures utilizing the muscle groups needed for the ‘peak’ postures. This allows the body to gradually warm up and become familiar with the movements needed to achieve the edge of your posture safely.
With the focus being on specific posture alignments not only is it an intellectual learning experience, but ‘muscle memory’ kicks in and your body learns how to move into that place easily because it is familiar.
In my teacher trainings I utilize all the different ways people learn – visual – auditory – kinesthetic – so no matter what type of learner you are, you will absorb the material presented in the best way for you.
In the 200 hour yoga training program you will learn a very specific way to sequence. There is a format you will learn to follow which gives you the ability to create well -rounded themed-based classes that seem like you have been teaching for years even as a brand new teacher.
The 300 hour yoga training program builds onto this format making room for more creativity and individuality.
How I explain this is the 200 hour training gives you the skeleton and the 300 hour training gives you the different outfits to dress up the skeleton. But it all begins with a solid foundation.
Yoga is a life long journey with so much to uncover about the practice and ourselves. Enjoy the journey and see all the treasures you discover along the way!
“I took part in the Long Island Yoga School’s 200 hour teacher training in 2010. Before registering, I met with Laurie Ahlemann to discuss the training and I knew immediately this was the perfect match for me. Laurie is amazing and the whole vibe of the studio is very welcoming. Laurie and the other teachers simply radiate positive and joyful energy, and trully do everything they can to be as available as possible to each and every one of their students. LIYS provides a very intense program that pushes you outside your comfort zone and helps you dive inward to discover things about your ‘True Self’ that you may not have known. This is a highly spiritual training that will really make you think about how you live your life and what kind of energy you want to present to the world. You will leave as not only a well prepared yoga teacher, but also a more enlightened soul, with a better and deeper understanding of yourself. Overall. you will walk away changed…for the better. – Joanna D. -2010